The Woodland Clinic Arboretum
The majority of trees in the arboretum were obtained from Nick Macer at www.panglobalplants.com
Eucalyptus Cordata (Heart-leaf Silver Gum): Evergreen smooth barked tree with prominent white flowers
Eucalyptus Gunnii (Cider Gum): Evergreen fast growing tree with attractive bark, grey green leaves with small white flowers.
Sequoia Sempervirens (Giant Redwood): Potentially huge evergreen tree with red brown bark.
Ginkgo Bilboba (Maidenhead tree): Ancient deciduous tree with yellow autumn colours
Prunus Cerasfera (Flowering Cherry): Deciduous with showy white flowers.
Cornus Kousa (Szechuan Strawberry): Deciduous with clusters of white flowers surrounded by four cream bracts, strawberry like pink fruit.
Pinus Radiata (Monterey Pine): Evergreen dense green needles with large cones.
Metasequoia Glyptostroboides (Dawn Redwood): Deciduous with red bronze autumn colours.
Gleditsia Capica (Yellow Locust Tree): Deciduous with huge thorns & seed-pods
10. Liquidamber Acalycina (Chinese Sweet Gum): Deciduous with wonderful red autumn colour
11. Liquidamber Styraciflua (Sweet Gum): Deciduous purple crimson autumn colour
12. Arbutus Unedo (Strawberry Tree): Evergreen with white flowers with ? edible red fruit (unedo means I eat only one!!)
13. Liriodendron Chinese (Chinese Tulip Tree): Deciduous orange tulip-like flowers with yellow autumn colours.
14. Zelkova Carpinifolia (Caucasian Elm): Deciduous with unusual goblet shaped outline
15. Dasyphyllum Dicanthoides (Trevo & Tayu): Evergreen pink white delicate flowers with yellow stamens
16. Quercus Acutissima (Saw toothed Oak): Deciduous with large yellow catkins
17. Pterocarya Fraxinifolia (Caucasian Wingnut): Deciduous with huge pendulous catkins
18. Parrotia Subaequalis (Persian Ironwood): Deciduous peeling bark, red autumn colour
19. Cladastis Kentukea (Yellow wood): Deciduous, Wisteria like flowers
20. Stewartia Pseudocamelia (Japanese Camillia): Deciduous with showy white flowers & wonderful red autumn colour
21. Catalpa Fargesii (Indian Bean Tree): Deciduous with trumpet shaped flowers followed by bean-like seed pods
22. Cercidiphyllum Japonicum (Katsura tree): Deciduous heart shaped leaves with orange pink autumn colours & a burnt sugar fragrance
23. Araucaria Araucana (Monkey Puzzle): Evergreen fantastic shape
24. Pterocarya Tonkinensis (Chinese Wingnut): Deciduous with huge catkins a rare sample from S.China
25. Populus Purdomii (Big leaf Poplar): Deciduous another rarity with smooth white bark
26. Davidia Involutcrata (Hankerchief Tree): Deciduous stunning white bracts cloaking beautiful delicate flowers producing odd tasting fruits
27. Betula Jacquermontii (Himalayan Birch): Deciduous elegant tree with striking white bark
28. Liriodendron (Tulip Tree): Deciduous more muscular than it’s Chinese cousin
29. Eucryphia Nymansensis (Nymansay): Evergreen with beautiful white flowers
30. Amelanchia Lamarchii (Serviceberry): Deciduous with clouds of white flowers in early spring with bronze autumnal shades.
31. Clerodendrom Trichotomum (Glory Tree): Deciduous with white star shaped flowers with an amazing rich scent &attractive blue fruits.
32. Fagus Sylvitica (Purple Beech): Deciduous with glorious deep summer colour.
33. Pinus Griffithii (Himalayan Pine): Evergreen with long feathery leaves & impressive cones
34. Eucryphia Lucida (Ballerina): Evergreen beautiful pink flowers
35. Eucryphia Lucida (Chaplin): Evergreen original produced at Marwood Hill Garden